Friday, October 4, 2013

Some Much Needed Support!

     I cannot believe I am doing this...
I have SO MUCH still to do for Jay's 13th birthday party tomorrow, but I also really need to write a quick post! :)
     As I have said before, I know one of the reasons I am doing a blog is because God wants me to be REAL. To tell the whole story. I can't put a mask on and act like everything is always perfect and that I never struggle.
     Lately we are dealing with new challenges with our kids that are directly associated with HORMONES! I know everyone gets tried during the tween/teen years, but as I have said to my friends, "Autism complicates puberty and puberty complicates autism." I really cannot go into detail today, but let's just say that things that have been a challenge in the past that we had basically conquered, have tried to re emerge, and seem to be a bit nastier in some respects. 
     I KNOW that God will get us through. I trust Him and He has helped us to get this far. He will not abandon us! However, even though I don't doubt that, I had gotten "bone weary." I mean, I have been fighting hard, praying hard, and believing hard. I needed some serious support!
     So, this past Wednesday night at church, after a LOOOOONG day and right after Lucy had a MAJOR meltdown and Michael had to take her home, I asked for prayer. I cried and tried to express my heart. I told everyone to not mistake my tears as hopelessness or giving up. I just needed the Body of Christ's prayers for us!
     After I shared, the Pastors called me up and had everyone gather around me. Then the tears REALLY started to flow! I had hands on my back, hands holding up my arms, and someone was even on their knees with their hand on one of my feet. Boy, oh boy, did I feel LOVED and COMFORTED, and SUPPORTED!!! I felt stress just roll off of me and an even deeper peace washed over me. Prayers just flowed out all around me for all of us - me, Michael, Jay and Lucy Kate.
     Afterwards a dear brother asked everyone to picture themselves holding up our arms just like Aaron and Hur held up Moses' arms when they were fighting a battle. When they let them down, they were losing. When they held them up, they won! (Exodus 17:12-13)
     My prayer today, as I feel the prayers and the support of my Church still, is that I will also be able to support others. I got to announce the first meeting* of our support group, Gateway Autism and Other Needs Outreach on Facebook today! We are SO excited about what God is going to do. I mean, SO EXCITED!!! If all we ever do is come together once or twice a month and express our doubts, fears, and questions and then receive LOVE, SUPPORT, and a KNOWING that we are NOT ALONE, then I say MISSION ACCOMPLISHED!!!  
 
*check my facebook page for details!
 

No comments: